Our trip down to the Digital Summit Dallas was an awesome experience to engage with like minded businesses, colleagues, friends and to learn from the amazing list of keynotes and presenters. Here are some takeaways that we think will add value to our clients as well.
As you can see a lot of the messages were related to how important social media
is in the marketing world now and going forward especially.
INSTAGRAM AND BUSINESS
As of late 2018, Instagram had surpassed the 1 billion active users per month mark ENGAGEMENT is key! To be successful you can’t post once a day and walk away. You have to be constantly online engaging with followers/clients to get your business to grow. Relationships build trust = business.
Every single piece of content — every blog, every Instagram post, every Instastory — can be the start of a relationship with your target audience.
- Niche hashtag: These are hashtags focused on your target audience that maybe less common. It shouldn’t be so obscure that no one finds it, but it shouldn’t have too many posts.
- Community hashtag: These are hashtags that are related to your audience’s field.
- Branded hashtag: This category of hashtags circles around a company’s brand. Branded hashtags create an air of consistency and familiarity when engaging with users on Instagram.
Instagram no longer uses a chronological timeline, so posts that get the most likes within the first 24 hours of their lives will be more heavily promoted. To get more likes on your posts, use insights to find out where most of your viewers live and post when they are most likely to check Instagram.
Use analytics to find which time zone gets the most traffic. Creating daily stories with a beginning, middle, and end that makes sense is important to your audience. Responded to messages, comments, ect right away. This boosts your account in the algorithm.
Your unique brand is important!
- What does your brand stand for
- What makes you unique
- What does your audience care about?
THE AUTHENTICITY LIE: HOW TO BUILD LOYALTY THROUGH STORYTELLING
- Build a digital identity that is unique to YOUR brand.
- Understand how current brands are using trends to “feel” authentic
- Use Digital Storytelling to do consistent cross-platform world building
- Top brands use storytelling to create “real connections” with their audience
- Consistency is key
SECRETS FOR SUCCESSFUL VIDEO MARKETING WITH BUDGETS FROM $0 TO $1 MILLION
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch in a video compared to
- 10% when reading it in a text
- Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global internet traffic in 2017
- 80% of video marketers have seen these benefits increase in
- Understanding of product services, increase in website traffic, generate leads, increased length of visits on a website.
- 85% of video on Facebook is watched without sound, however Facebook
- Data shows that 76% of video ads need sound to be understood
- Make sure to capture the audiences attention with your brand – colors, themes, imagery, logo
- Use bright colors/recognizable people in your thumbnails
- You can make decent videos using a mobile devices, just provide correct lighting, sound, backdrops, etc.
- Mix of Important statistics from the lectures I attended
- Google near me; searches doubled in 2017
- 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business
- 92% of consumers read online reviews
- 80% of Instagram users follow at least one business
- 80% of all digital traffic will be video in 2020
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%
- Facebook has 2B users (which is 2/3's of the world’s internet users)
- The most effective time for marketers to post on Facebook is Wednesday at 3pm
- 81% reported increased website traffic with as little as 6 hrs/week of social media marketing
- 200M Instagram users per day visit a business profile
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days
- 86% of professionals prefer email as the primary communication platform
- for business
- 77% of consumers have paid more for a brand that provides a personalized experience
- 87% of customers think brands need to put more effort into providing a consistent experience
- 72% of internet users are now active on social media
- YouTube videos on mobile outreach every TV time-slot
- 62% of marketers chose Facebook as their most important platform
- Customer conversion is 129% higher when social media is part of the buyer’s journey
- By 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice searches
- Google drives 96% of US mobile search traffic
- 43% of shoppers will research a company before conducting new business